Newsletter Subscribe
Enter your email address below and subscribe to our newsletter
[forminator_form id="25163"]

goal+1espn+1bolavip+1The 2026 FIFA World Cup has triggered a wave of managerial departures as national team coaches take responsibility for their sides' disappointing campaigns. Marcelo Bielsa, Sebastián Beccacece, and several others have stepped down in recent days following early eliminations from the tournament hosted across Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
Bielsa took full responsibility for Uruguay's group-stage exit on Monday, calling the experience "frustrating and painful" in a press conference where he officially announced his departure. His three-year contract with the Uruguayan Football Association expired with the team's elimination after they failed to win a single match, drawing with Cabo Verde and Saudi Arabia before losing to Spain.espn+1
"If you ask how they are going to remember me, they will remember me as having left nothing," Bielsa said bluntly after his final match in charge. "My responsibility for what happened is very clear. I cannot justify the position we finished in," he added.espn+1
Sebastián Beccacece confirmed his departure as Ecuador's head coach immediately after the full-time whistle following a 2-0 defeat to co-hosts Mexico in the round of 32 at the Estadio Azteca on Tuesday night. The Argentine tactician, who took charge of Ecuador in August 2024, described the result as painful and said his team failed to deliver on its promise to fans.goal+1
The coaching turnover extends well beyond Bielsa and Beccacece. According to reports, the list of managers who have left their posts during or after the tournament includes Scotland's Steve Clarke after seven years in charge, South Korea's Hong Myung-Bo, the Netherlands' Ronald Koeman after three-and-a-half years, and Czech Republic's Miroslav Koubek. Koubek resigned on Sunday after a 3-0 defeat to Mexico left Czechia bottom of Group A, blaming "stupid mistakes" and exhaustion from heavy travel for his team's poor showing.reuters+2
Tunisia's Sabri Lamouchi was among the first casualties, dismissed after a heavy 5-1 defeat earlier in the tournament. The sheer volume of departures underscores the high stakes and unforgiving nature of World Cup football, where years of preparation can unravel in the span of three group-stage matches.vanguardngr